I need to have my packages tested for Amazon. What do I do?
You need to contact an ISTA certified testing lab capable of performing the testing you require. To find an ISTA certified testing lab that can conduct Amazon testing requirements, see the following steps.
- The process begins with the Find A Lab tool on ISTA.org. You will want to select a “Commercial” lab from the Commercial or In-House Test Lab drop down. This will restrict the list to 3rd party labs who test for other people/companies compared to an In-House lab which could be Pepsi who only uses their lab for internal testing.
- Next, filter the Find A Lab search tool with a “Y” for yes on the package type (6-Amazon.com-SIOC Type A or 6-Amazon.com-SIOC Type B, etc) that matches your packaged-products dimensions and weight. An overview of ISTA 6-Amazon.com-SIOC can be found at the following link: click here. Page 2 of the overview describes the different package types.
- Please note the search criteria works as a filter and will restrict your results to labs that have all capabilities requested. As an example, if you select “Y” for 3A and “Y” for 3E, the search results will only show labs that are certified to perform BOTH 3A & 3E. A lab that is only certified for 3A, but not 3E, will not show in the search results.
- The ISTA certified lab will conduct the testing and issue a report for each product (ASIN).
- You submit the report to Amazon via Vendor Central.